Wellness Is Your Greatest Wealth!
Here are 6 Sensational Keys to Coaches/Trainers Healthy SUCCESS:
Your body is one of the greatest resources on Earth! If you work hard enough you can teach your body how to do anything! Look, it’s the only one you will ever have, you might as well take care of it. Don’t take your body for granted, for in a heartbeat, your body could change forever.
I’m currently 46 years old, 6’2”, 194 lbs and 10% body fat. A few more gray hairs than 10 years ago but I feel GREAT! I take great measures to make sure my body is ready for the game of basketball and the great game of LIFE! I want to stay healthy for my rigorous work and even more important I want to stay healthy for my wife and three kids! They are the best workout I ever get, keeping up with them everyday!! I have always believed a good routine equals good results. Let me give you some good ideas about what you can do. Check out my daily routine:
1) SWEAT EVERYDAY
This concept has always been huge for me. If I have workouts scheduled, I will incorporate my sweat in that time. If not, I workout 3-5 days a week on my own. I usually go 60-90 minutes of pure sweat. Stamina is the key in this profession and in life. Life will hit you harder than the game, so you need that “Rocky Balboa” stamina!
2) CREATE DIVERSITY IN YOUR EXERCISE
I try to do different things everyday when I workout. It might be running the “Great Wall” in China, swimming in the ocean in Hawaii, or hitting the bag in my garage in Florida. It’s important for me to mix up my workouts as it helps me stay engaged, motivated, fresh and continue to fall in love with pain, sweat and hard work. Also keep your playlist new and fresh. I’m constantly trying to find positive, motivating songs to workout to because music motivates me!
3) EAT RIGHT – EAT GOOD – SLEEP FANTASTIC
– I wish I could say I eat all natural and organic foods but I don’t, however I REALLY try to eat healthy and natural whenever possible.
– For breakfast, I make a protein shake full of fruits and vegetables
to get my day started.
– My lunch is always different, but always healthy.
– For dinner, I make sure I have a healthy meat, vegetable and a salad. Most of the time I dive into dessert, something along the lines of cookies or cake.
– I swear by supplements. I take two flintstone multivitamins a day, glucosamine & chondroitin to keep my joints healthy.
– Kyani “sunset” fish oil is another supplement I take daily to keep my immune system, joints and heart strong!
– Finally, yet most importantly, I get 8 hours of sleep a night. Trust me when I say, you can be successful and still get sleep. I don’t believe in the “Grind and sleep is for broke people.” Sleep is natural and we must do it!
4) DRINK A GALLON OF WATER A DAY
– Up to 60% of an adult human body is composed of water, so why we would not drink water 60% of the time during the day. Staying hydrated is key to keeping my body going throughout the day, keeping my joints and muscles feeling good. We have to replace the sweat that is coming from our body with water intake. While I was working out Amare’ Stoudemire (retired) and Harrison Barnes (Dallas Mavs) they both carried water bottles on them at all times, on and off the court. Water in itself, is a living thing. If you commit to drinking 20 ounces of water when you wake up, a gallon during the day, your body will thank you! Water is LIFE!
5) STRETCH FOR SUCCESS
If you are young, this may mean very little to you. But if you are in my SS # bracket then you FEEL ME! I stretch everyday, before and after workouts and on my days off. It is a religion for me, as it keeps me limber enough to coach at a high level, to execute skills and drills better than most player at my age and prevents me from injuries.
6) CONNECT TO YOUR MANUFACTURER
– When things break: a car, a computer, a microwave, you take it to the people who made it. They fix it and they give it back to you in better shape. The same is for your body. I am a believer that God created us in his image. I use this power, this connection, this Spiritual “warranty” when I need protection, help, and healing! It’s a supernatural way for my body to become stronger. Every day in my prayers I thank God for giving me strength for healing my body and protecting me from injury or illness. I pray before every workout asking the same for me and my players. It’s a WAY OF LIFE!
Everything I mentioned today can help you. Age is Undefeated but let’s “Call It’s Bluff!”
Continue to Get After it!!
Basketball Curriculum is
This new comprehensive basketball curriculum will change how people learn the game of basketball worldwide. It is perfect for players and coaches from the beginner all the way through to professionals. Not only do we show players how to train, but we show coaches and trainers how to teach!