Body & Mind Work
Coaches you might not have time to incorporate all of this into your program, but it is IMPORTANT.
Players: you have to find a way to get this into your toolbox. Besides family & academics, what else do you have to do? You HAVE the time, you just have to make this a PRIORITY.
1) Upper & Lower Strength
2) Flexibility/Injury Prevention Techniques
5) Recovery Concepts Education
6) Hydration, Diet, Sleep
7) Drug & Alcohol Abstinence Education
Players what do you say, do and look like while you play? During good and bad possessions? In workouts & games?
Coaches set a CULTURE. Take their mind to another place!
1) Emotional EQ
– Help them display levels of joy, passion, peace, empathy, compassion, patience with self, teammates & entire coaching staff.
– Help them to communicate how they really FEEL
– Help them demonstrate levels of positive values
– Help players develop the ability to hide and camouflage weakness, pain, confusion, self doubt, disappointment, fear and anxiety
– How do they educate, empower & celebrate others?
– Get leaders to find, speak, act upon practical solutions
– Teach players to, yes, take things personal. It’s human nature, BUT how do we think, act upon and help your teammates and the coaches shared vision
– Teach players clarity. Limit distractions at practice & games. With clarity comes self awareness
– Coaches what do your players KNOW? What do they SHOW?
1) Play the right way with emotion
2) On “my bads,” next play, let it go
1) Teach them to have a daily prayer, meditation, quiet time
– this breeds & births PEACE, PURPOSE, CLARITY, POWER
– This allows you to release stress, anxiety, negative thinking and absorb thankfulness, gratitude, mercy, compassion, forgiveness for yourself, your coaches and teammates
2) Get the word in you
– Positive books, readings, podcasts, music.
3) Honor your life source
– for me it’s God
– My real parents
– for some it might be their guardians, Mom, Dad, or whoever raised them. Honor brings you SELF RESPECT AND ACCESS to things. You need this both as a player and Coach.