“I’ve been getting emails and phone calls from coaches and aspiring trainers from all over the nation/world who are interested in becoming apart of GBB and they want advice on what to expect if they make the decision to attend G’s coaching clinics. Simply put, they want to make sure that they aren’t WASTING MONEY!!! And I don’t blame ‘em! I believe that with our coaches coming together and collectively blogging on some of our unique experiences and what we learned, we can EASILY answer some of those frequently asked questions and give people the truth about what they need to succeed in this business! Enjoy!!!”
-Word of Advice from Korey Harris (GBB Pro-Staff Trainer)
I am excited to see that you are working towards becoming apart of Team GBB! Ganon’s Coaching Certification Clinic is truly a life-changing event and will put you on the course change players lives for the better. Here’s some things that will help you make the most of the coaching clinic:
1) Take lots of notes! There’s so much knowledge and wisdom being tossed around during great events like these, you can’t possibly remember everything! (Also, Ganon is constantly learning, so be prepared to hear and learn things that aren’t even in his coaching curriculum yet!)
2) Get involved!!! During G’s clinic, I took every opportunity to participate in discussions and even the drills! Ganon told me that it had never been done before, but now it’s a common theme at his clinics for willing coaches to jump in and get after it. If Ganon sees that you have passion and energy plus the ability to demonstrate, you’ll have a much better chance of earning his respect and making his pro-staff.
3) Don’t be afraid to be wrong, make mistakes, or sound stupid! Ganon is a life-long student, so be ready to answer questions and share your experiences or opinions! He will get in your face and be confrontational, like a coach should, so don’t take it personal. Just be open and be yourself! Many of the coaches there will want to impress Ganon and will be hanging all over him, but remember, “REAL RECOGNIZES REAL!!!”
4) Lastly, after the coaching clinic, be sure to study your curriculum and begin applying it immediately in your training and practices. The best way to learn is experience! I scored a 94% on my certification test because I could “walk the talk” and perform what I was studying. Also, know this… Being a pro-staff is no easy task! At least, it hasn’t been easy for me. In order to do what Ganon does, you’ve gotta work the way he works! That’s no light task! Be ready to devote yourself to improving your skills and working harder than every player you train, constantly studying the game, and learning new ways to be better at what you do while spending countless hours on the court putting in work!
Hope this helps!
-Testimony from Danielle Viglione (Former WNBA Star & Current GBB Pro-Staff Trainer)
“GBB has helped me as a coach in more ways than one. Being a part of GBB has encouraged me to be better, increased my knowledge of the game, and helped me to develop contacts all over the world. If you are content with where you are at or what you already know then it’s time for a new career. I always want to strive to better. As John Wooden once said,”Life is about the journey not the destination.” My journey with GBB has been nothing but positive!” – Danielle Viglione
- Testimonial from David Johnson (Former Overseas Pro & Current GBB Pro-Staff Trainer)
“I met Ganon the summer of 2000 and he started training me from then and throughout my career. In 2005, I went from his camp staff to one of his trainers. He continues to look for ways to push and motivate you with his knowledge, passion, and drive to be the best. He has tremendous knowledge of the game, but more importantly his passion for what he loves is what makes him one of if not the best in the field. A session with him will change your life as an athlete and person. GBB has allowed me to touch people’s life all over the world. GBB is the top training organization in the world! – David
- Testimonial from Brandon Osborne (Certified Skill Development Trainer/Coach)
“I have studied under and learned from some really great minds in the game of basketball, and GBB is right there in the top 3. About 30% of what I know, Ganon Baker Basketball planted the seed! You would be crazy if you don’t learn from this organization! Any opportunity I get to learn from everyone in GBB, I am there!” – Brandon Osborne CPT, PES
- Testimonial from Chris Hyppa (Certified Skill Development Trainer/Coach)
Here are my thoughts on GBB and the impact I have felt:
“I was lucky enough to spend a weekend with Ganon fourteen years ago as a player and again ten months ago as a coach. The first thing I noticed was that the PASSION he has for the game and for life are still there. The fire is still burning and comes alive when passion surrounds him! Ganon has impacted me because he has walked the talk, he doesn’t just train and give life lessons, he LIVES them everyday! As a coach, trainer and friend that is all the validation you need! If you are serious about becoming a player, want to improve as a coach or simply grow as a person GBB Nation is here for you!” Chris
Testimonial from Big C (Certified Skill Development Trainer and Pro-Staff Coach)
“Gannon Baker (G), is the hardest working basketball trainer I have ever known, he trains as if he’s still playing, even though you don’t have to be in playing shape to coach/train; it just shows how hard Gannon works and the love and passion he possess for the game of basketball; he’s a perfectionist and expects the same from his staff and anyone who attends his clinics. Gannon Baker is a real trainer, he doesn’t take short cuts and will call you out if he catches you taking short cuts. This is one of his clichés, “he who takes short cuts, gets cut short”; when you come to Gannon’s clinic, be ready to learn how to motivate yourself and the people you’re training or coaching. Gannon is the ultimate motivator, and you will feed off him, and yes, I participate during coaching clinics myself. What better way to learn other than participating! Take notes and listen/learn from the passion through his voice!” – Big C
Testimonial from Romeo De La Garza (Certified Skill Development Trainer/Coach)
“I met Ganon Baker this past summer at his Certification Class in Fort Worth, Texas but have known about him for several years now. Attending Ganon’s class was such a great experience for me and I recommend it. I learned so much that weekend and I am excited and blessed to now be part of his new GBB Nation Team (as a GBB certified trainer). Ganon has been a tremendous influence in my development as a skill development trainer and has helped me continue to improve as a coach. In our profession, it is a must to continue to improve and look for ways to help our players reach and exceed their potential. This class will definitely put you on the right path of doing that. Ganon’s passion, knowledge, and enthusiasm for the game of basketball is at a high level and his innovative techniques are unbelievable. Ganon has been a great mentor for me and has always been there to help me. I am proud to be part of Ganon’s team and will continue to work hard to help change lives and improve the game of basketball at every level. Don’t miss out on this unbelievable opportunity, you will not regret it. This will be the best hands on coaching clinic you will ever attend. Best of luck to all of you and God Bless!!!!” – Romeo